Blue Nile goes Belgian this Week in Food
|Say cheese at Ginger Hop.|
- There are more than 800 kinds of beers made in Belgium. Get a start on trying them all at Blue Nile, which will devote half of its taps to Belgian ales this week. Try the Kasteel Tripel, the Val-Dieu Grand Cru, and the Rodenbach Grand Cru Flemish, among others.
- What good is the rind? Find out at "The World of Cheeses," a special class hosted by Ginger Hop. Sample cheeses from around the world and learn about types, textures, flavors, edible rinds, and storing cheeses at home. Call Surdyk's to register. $35. 6:30 p.m.
- Grab a seat at the Corner Table Cooking School hosted by Rustica Bakery. Chef Scott Pampuch will demonstrate how to make a Sunday pork dinner that builds the foundation for meals throughout the week. Limited space, reservations required. $100. 6 p.m.
- Things just got wild. Enjoy a five-course wild game dinner featuring Duckhorn and Decoy wines at NorthCoast restaurant in Wayzata. $95 per person. Part of the proceeds will benefit the Interfaith Outreach Community Partners that benefit the Lake Minnetonka area. 7 p.m.
- Up your street cred--learn how to brew your own beer at "Extract Brewing 101" at Midwest Supplies. Free. Reservations required. 10:30 a.m.