Sub Rosa underground dining and music series begins in February
The new event, Sub Rosa, is named after the Latin phrase meaning "under the rose," which refers to an ancient practice of placing a rose above a door to signify that visitors keep confidential whatever was on the other side...such as a delicious, four-course meal and live performance of classical music.
The in-home meals will begin with an apéritif and end with coffee, with several of the following sample courses between:
* Puree of Minnesota Chestnut Soup
* Dungeness Crab, Citrus, Avocado & Local greens
* White Wine Poached Halibut with Fennel Confit
* Fresh Pasta al Nero with Lobster Butter
* Venison Medallions with Beet & Farro Risotto
* Bette Noir chocolate flourless cake with passionfruit sauce & coconut sorbet
The musical selections will change throughout the series, but will include Sergei Prokofiev's "Lieutenant Kije Suite #1 Romance" performed on piano and the singing of Italian Early Opera.
Five dinners will be held in February with a suggested donation price of $75 per person. Find out more details and reserve solo or in a group by clicking here.