Whole Foods vegan greens vs. Triple Rock free bacon this Week in Food
|No matter what may come, bacon will be there.|
- With people packed into the gym like sardines this week, it's clear that losing weight once again tops the mass list of resolutions. Find a better way. Attend "Vegan Lean Greens--Asian Style," at Whole Foods Market in Minneapolis and learn how to cook with fat-fighting greens such as seaweed, kale, and mustard. $25. 6 p.m.
|Seaweed: It's what's for dinner.|
- It's a match made in heaven (especially for your wallet). Every Tuesday, Fusion Restaurant and the Uptown Theatre offer a $30 all-inclusive date deal complete with an appetizer, a bottle of wine, dessert, and a movie for two. Up your 2011 dating game and take advantage of this hot deal.
- With all the excitement of a new year, it's nice that some things remain consistent. Wednesdays still mean free bacon and $3 PBRs at the Triple Rock. Some things will never change--and that's a good thing. 9 to 11 p.m.
- Get involved with one of the nation's oldest and most active environmental organizations. Sierra Club "Foodies" meet monthly to enjoy local and/or organic food and restaurants. This month they will meet at Gorkha Palace for Nepali, Indian, and Tibetan cuisine. To RSVP, contact Michelle Rosier, 612-659-9124 x304. 7 p.m.
- Show your dedication to local food, local farmers, and downtown St. Paul--hit up the winter St. Paul Farmer's Market located in Golden's Deli. Stock up on fresh meat, eggs, cheese, honey, salsa, baked goods, jams, pickles, baby food, and bagel sandwiches. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.