Brit's taps the Summit Winter cask this snowy Week in Food
|Fine chocolate and fine wine: life is good.|
- Singles, stand up for your rights to good food and reasonable portion sizes. Head to the Wedge for "Cooking for One." Learn how to make simple, gourmet dishes that won't end up rotting away in your fridge for the next week. $49/$39 for members. 7 p.m.
|Brit's serves up Summit Winter and $5 meat pies.|
- Chocolate and wine go together like birds of a feather. Sample fine chocolates and fine wines at Cooks of Crocus Hill in Edina. Reservations required. 6 p.m.
- Take a Mediterranean vacation at Spill the Wine. Enjoy a three-course dinner paired with wines from the Mediterranean. $25. 6 p.m.
- Brit's Pub celebrates Summit Winter Ale at its Cask Ale Night. Damian McConn, Summit's brewmaster will be available to answer questions and meat pies will be a mere $5. No reservations required. 7 p.m.
- Everyone knows the party happens in the kitchen. Attend the grand opening of Midtown Global Market's Kitchen in the Market (KITM) space and enjoy a variety of events today through Sunday. KITM is a shared commercial kitchen for caterers, food producers and manufacturers, mobile food trucks, and others who need licensed space to cook. It also offers scheduled and private classes including the market's "Cooking the Market," series. Events start at 6 p.m. Friday evening.
- Fight age with food at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum's "Anti-Aging Power Foods" class. Learn how to make recipes with antioxidants and nutrients, including blueberries, ginger, wine, green lentils, and more. Registration required. 9 to 11 a.m.
- Do animals a solid--explore the world of veganism at the Seward Café's vegan chili cook-off, hosted by the Compassion Action for Animals. Thirteen local cooks will compete for three animal-friendly prizes. Free chili and beer for tasters. 7:30 to 10 p.m.
- Get beer-enthused at Sapor's Fulton Beer-Infused Dinner--a three-course meal paired with Fulton original brew and infused beer. Reservations required. $55. 6:30 p.m.