Surly Brewing celebrates five years
Five years ago this month, Omar Ansari and Todd Haug launched Surly Brewing--a named that represents the anger they felt when trying to find good beer. They're celebrating their anniversary with a month of fan-appreciation parties, hosted by some of the bars and restaurants that sold Surly beer from the start.
Surly is five!
Here's what all's in store:
Special Surly brews will be served: Pentagram, Moe's Bender, Chili Smoke, along with rare firkins such as Cherry Wood Bender, Tea-Bagged Furious, and Oak-Aged Abrasive. In addition to discounted beer drinking, the events will offer beer giveaways, including Surly apparel and beer like the highly coveted, people-sleep-out-overnight-for-it bottles of Surly Darkness.
So put these dates on your calendar:
· Wednesday, February 2 - Blue Nile, 2027 East Franklin Avenue, Minneapolis
· Saturday, February 5 - Mackenzies, 918 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis
· Monday, February 7 - Muddy Pig, 162 Dale Street, Saint Paul
· Tuesday, February 8 - Acadia Event, 329 Cedar Avenue South, Minneapolis
· Thursday, February 10 - McCormick & Schmick's, Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis
· Tuesday, February 15 - Happy Gnome, 498 Selby Ave, Saint Paul
· Wednesday, February 16 - Pizza Nea, 306 East Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis
· Thursday, February 17 - Stub & Herb's, 227 Oak Street, Minneapolis
· Sunday, February 20 - Triple Rock, 629 Cedar Avenue, Minneapolis
· Monday, February 21 - Grumpy's NE, 2200 4th Street NE, Minneapolis
· Wednesday, February 23 - Bryant Lake Bowl, 810 West Lake Street, Minneapolis
· Sunday, February 27 - Mac's Industrial, 312 Central Avenue, Minneapolis
· Monday, February 28 - Groveland Tap, 1834 St. Clair Avenue, Saint Paul
· Wednesday, March 2 - Whistle Binkies, 3120 Wellner Drive NE and 247 Woodlake Drive SE, Rochester