Great River Road Wine Trail hosts local food and wine weekend
Looking for a weekend getaway idea? The Great River Road Wine Trail is hosting a three-day Local Foods-Local Wine Weekend on June 3-5, from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily.
Mark your calendar for a weekend getaway.
The Great River Road Wine Trail consists of 10 wineries near the Mississippi River in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, and they'll feature their wines and ciders paired with local foods, some hosting live musicians.
Tickets cost $20 per person, and include a wine trail glass and six-bottle wine tote. They can be purchased at each winery or online.
Designated drivers will receive free admission and food, but no wine tasting.
Participating wineries include (in order of location):
- Cannon River Winery, 421 Mill Street West, Cannon Falls, Minn., 507-263-7400
- Falconer Vineyards Winery, 3572 Old Tyler Road, Red Wing, Minn., 651-388-8849
- Valley Vineyard, W10415 - 521st Ave., Prescott, Wisc., 715-262-4235
- Vino in the Valley, W3826 450th Ave, Maiden Rock, Wisc., 715-639-6677
- Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery, W12266 King Lane, Stockholm, Wisc., 715-448-3502
- Danzinger Vineyards, S2015 Grapeview Lane, Alma, Wisc., 608-685-6000
- Seven Hawks Vineyards, 17 North Street, Fountain City, Wisc., 866-946-3741
- Garvin Heights Vineyards, 2255 Garvin Heights Road, Winona, Minn., 507-474-WINE
- Vernon Vineyards, S3457a Dahl Road, Viroqua, Wisc, 608-634-6734
- Eagles Landing Winery, 127 North Street, Marquette, Iowa, 563-873-2509