Fringe Festival dining guide
There are 168 shows in this year's Fringe Festival, which starts tomorrow, and how many you're able to watch all depends on your stamina.
Fuel yourself for Fringe-watching!
To keep yourself fueled, check our our recommendations for which restaurants to hit near each venue.
Most of the venues are clustered around Cedar-Riverside, a mecca for craft beer drinkers. The best lists are at Town Hall brewpub, Acadia Cafe, and the new Republic, which all offer servicable, affordable pub fare. Or stop by one of our favorite Thai spots, Chai's Thai, though it's tiny so expect to wait.
• Augsburg College, 2211 Riverside Ave., Minneapolis
• Theatre in the Round Players, 245 Cedar Ave., Minneapolis
• Mixed Blood Theatre, 1501 S. 4th St., Minneapolis
• University of Minnesota Rarig Center, 330 21st Ave. S., Minneapolis
• Playwrights' Center, 2301 Franklin Ave. E., Minneapolis
• Bryant-Lake Bowl, 810 W. Lake St., Minneapolis
• HUGE Improv Theater, 3037 Lyndale Ave. S., Minneapolis
• Intermedia Arts, 2822 Lyndale Ave. S., Minneapolis
• Minneapolis Theatre Garage, 711 Franklin Ave. W., Minneapolis
The Gremlin is your excuse to hit one of our under-the-radar faves, Caffe Biaggio, a cozy, arty spot with a comfortable Italian menu.
• Gremlin Theatre, 2400 University Ave., St. Paul