Kramarczuk's Kielbasa Festival tickets now on sale, plus a sausage inventing contest
|We've already determined that gummi bears do not make the "ultimate kielbasa."|
But here's the coolest part of the festival, the Kielbasa Recipe Contest. Anyone can submit an ingredient combination for the "ultimate kielbasa" (and no, gummi bears should not be included, we've already gone down that road) to email@example.com by Thursday, September 1, at 11:59 pm CST.
Kramarczuk's will pick a winner, and actually make a batch of the sausage and sell it at the festival. The winner will not only have some serious bragging rights, but he or she will also receive a new bicycle and a Kramarczuk's gift card.
Here are the rest of the festival details:
Kramarczuk's Kielbasa Festival takes place in the parking lot next to Kramarczuk's at 215 E. Hennepin Ave. in Minneapolis.
Dates and times are as follows: Friday, Sept. 9, from 5-10 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10, from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 11, from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Available at the festival...
* A variety of sausages and other Northern/Eastern European food for purchase, including pierogis, cabbage rolls, and desserts
* One free beer and commemorative ceramic stein with ticket purchase
* Local craft and European-style beers, and cider for purchase
* Live local music, including Joey Ryan & the Inks, Koo Koo Kanga Roo, and others TBA
* 30-foot Krakowka sausage on display on Friday, Sept. 9
* Potato pierogi eating contest evening of Saturday, Sept. 10
* Kids' coloring contest on Sunday, Sept. 11