Best of Hot Dish: September 23-27, 2013
This week we took a half-step into fall. Sure, we love hitting our favorite food trucks in the lingering 70-degree days of late summer, but we're also getting antsy for pumpkin beers, apple picking, and Oktoberfest. Here's a list of the best of this week's Hot Dish stories.
Alma Guzman Pick-your-own apples this fall.
- We got a spot of good news about this year's apple harvest and rounded up the best pick-your-own orchards.
- We counted down the top 5 Oktoberfest beers on tap in the Twin Cities.
- We reported on trouble at True Thai, including allegations of fraud and knife-throwing.
- Indeed Brewing's Sweet Yamma Jamma ale wooed us with its not-too-sweet pumpkin flavor.
- The presale for Iron Fork 2013 began. The general ticket sale begins Monday, September 30.
- We visited the new Spyhouse Coffee in Northeast.
- We got a sneak peek at the Whole Foods now open on Hennepin, and a first look at the Eat Street Buddha Kitchen and Lounge.
- The Asian Invasion food truck bowled us over with its bulgogi tacos and lemongrass chicken.
Get your tickets to this year's City Pages Iron Fork competition! Sign up for our newsletter below or click here to purchase directly.