Beer, cider, spirits, and food trucks: NE Brewer's Block Party is this weekend
If there are two things Minneapolis can't get enough of, it's block parties in the summer and breweries, well, really anytime. It only makes sense to pair the two, and that's just what Sociable Cider Werks is doing with the NE Brewer's Block Party this Sunday, July 27.
Bauhaus Brew Labs is now open
From 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., Social Cider Werks will host an event with live music, food trucks, and cider and beer from eight different local brewers. In addition to Sociable's own Freewheeler Dry Apple and Hop-A-Wheelie Hopped Apple ciders, there will be beers on tap from 612, Indeed, Northgate, newcomer Fair State, and many others. Each participating brewery will bring two different beers, which will be tapped in a mobile outdoor bar, and there will also be mixed drinks crafted from Norseman Distillery spirits.
Inside, the entire Sociable Cider Werks lineup will be on tap.
The Anchor Fish and Chips, Gastrotruck, and Simply Steve's will all be serving hot food, while guests get down to live performances by Enemy Planes, Whiskey Jeff and the Beer Back Band, Ft. Wilson Riot, Bernie King and the Guilty Pleasures, Black Diet, RP Hooks, and Bomba de Luz. The block party is working with Eureka Recycling to make it a zero-waste event.
Check out the full listing of beers available below:
- 612: Six American Pale Ale & Mary Ann Ginger Lager
- Indeed: Day Tripper Pale Ale & Shenanigans Summer Ale
- Sociable Cider Werks: Freewheeler Dry Apple & Hop-A-Wheelie Hopped Apple
- Fulton: Randonneur Summer Saison & Ringer Pale Ale
- Northgate: Walls End Brown Ale & Parapet ESB
- Bent Brewstillery: Moar Scottish Session IPA & Lakeside Blonde Ale
- Bauhaus Brew Labs: Wonderstuff Neu Bohemian Pilsner & Stargrazer Schwarzbier
- Fair State Brewing: Helles Rauchbier & Baltic Porter
Send your story tips to Hot Dish.