Fringe By Numbers: Day Six, The Beginning
In an 11-day festival, day six is the halfway point. It is like Wednesday in a normal week. It is our Hump Day! The strange thing is that some of the shows have just had one show, others have had four of their five already. So, in some cases the excited Fringer may need to check and see if the show that sounds really good will still be around much longer.
Tonight at Fringe Central there is a special Fringe edition of Bar Trivia. The folks at the Bedlam are doing their best to keep the feel of the Fringe going late into the night.
Speaking of archives, you can find all of my Ten Word Summaries in archive form, as well.
I'll be attending a 5:30 p.m. show tonight, as well as a 10:00 p.m. show. Rehearsal let out early enough last night for me to potentially make it to almost any venue on time. Assuming that happens again tonight, I shouldn't have a problem getting to see a show in the last slot of the night. That'd be cool. I've already rolled the dice. So I know that both shows I'm going to are at the Rarig Center. Here's hoping that I don't have to deal with the parking issues of last night. But, this is the Fringe, after all. One has to learn to roll with the punches.
Because I rolled early, and I will be booking it hard to get to the 10 p.m. show, I called UptownTix to try and reserve my tickets in advance. I've come to realize that anyone who is choosing shows on the same day as the event is living dangerously. UptownTix is only taking reservations from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. On the weekends they aren't even open before you're driving to your first show. It seems that as ticketing services go, it is highly inconvenient and not terribly useful to the Fringer. I might suggest that in future years alternatives are pursued. I know my company has shifted over to a company that has 24-hour service online and on the phone. That would be handy.
Who's ready for some Randomness?
- I know, it's not really random if it always happens at the end of the column. Perhaps someday I'll surprise you and slap it somewhere in the middle. Wouldn't that be fun?
- I have one superhero postage stamp left... Silver Surfer.
- I've switched dice again. My cat keeps using my dice as play things. Ugh! The new one is purple, translucent, and has white numbers on it.
- Here's an article on Sheep
- Let's check in with the random trivia generator at Hooked on Facts: "Giant Panda Bears give birth to a 4 ounce Baby Panda!" -- Boy! That's good news! I was going to be really freaked out if they gave birth to a 4 ounce baby Orangutan, or something else!
- 36460698 = Not a terribly bad hand in Liar's Poker