Cloud Cult seeking new cellist
|Photo by Nick Vlcek|
|Sarah Young at the Lowertown Fest in July 2010|
The band is looking for a cellist who lives near the Twin Cities and is interested in a "part-time position that will be filled by someone with a bright soul, a thirst for growth, and of course, day-job flexibility."
More info on the position:
If you're interested, please send the following info to email@example.com:
- Cello player who can read music, learn by ear and improvise.
- Day-job flexibility to attend rehearsals and show dates.
- Must love performing music for its deeper spiritual impacts... not for fashion or fame.
- Preference may be given to candidates who can also play other instruments and/or sing harmonies.
- Ability to learn and memorize a lot of pre-written material in a short amount of time.
- We spend A LOT of time with each other in small spaces on the road, so the ideal person is very easy to get along with and carries levity through the challenges of high stress environments.
- If you don't already own it, you must be willing to purchase necessary gear for nationwide and intergalactic touring (hard case for cello, clip-on electric pickup and necessary cables, etc.)
1) Describe your musical background and your live performing experience.
2) Tell us why you want to perform with Cloud Cult.
3) Send links or email us files of audio or video examples of your performance.
Auditions will be held in the Minneapolis area in early March.
Thanks and blessings to you all!