5 most ridiculous lines on 'Watch the Throne'
This is too big to be ignored, but a few other things piqued my interest before the album dropped: The potential return of the rap duo (Seriously, how many current hip-hop duos can you count?), the strength of the beats from leaked tracks (the operatic, Lex Luger-produced "H.A.M.", featured as a bonus track on WTT, is exactly what I want from "hood-opulence") and the lack of padding from bullshit guests (forcing the two to actually form this notion into a full-fledged album). Despite being occasionally critical of Hova and Kanye, I maintain utmost respect for them, and I was curious what this gold-plated album would deliver.
Kanye West's 5 Most Ridiculous Lines on Watch The Throne:
- "Ix-nay off that dix-nay / That's pig latin, itch-bay" (Who Gon Stop Me)
- "Prince Williams ain't do it right if you ask me / Cuz I was him, I would have married Kate and Ashley" (Niggas In Paris)
A parallel to his seemingly Dan Savage-inspired take on monogamy in "No Church in the Wild," Mr. West felt the need to make a pun on the Olson twins. See, "married" can be read "Mary" also, see? Did you see that?
- "I might even make [my son] be Republican / So everyone know he love white people" (New Day)
Kanye's hypothetical son is going to be forced into many number of non-Kanye lifestyle choices, including becoming a conservative, just in case white people get upset again.
- "Started a blog jut to get some traffic / Old folks'll tell you not to play in traffic / A million hits and the web crashes" (Made In America)
I'll bet your blog is doing real well, Kanye; I'm proud of you. Isn't Frank Ocean singing about Coretta Scott King and baby Jesus on the hook though? Maybe I missed the connection.
- "Got staples on my dick / Why? / Fuckin' centerfolds" (Illest Motherfucker Alive)
Kanye has the unique ability to be stupid and funny at the same time, and this line is a great example of when it works in his favor. Ridiculous nonetheless.
"Like" Gimme Noise on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at @gimme_noise.