The 16 best pieces of advice from L.A. Nik's new self-help book
For nearly a year, Nik holed up in the Platinum Room at Bank, the Westin's restaurant, and dictated his life's wisdom. The result is Life Is Short Then You're Dead Forever, the first in his three-book deal with a publisher he co-owns. (Next up is a volume of advice for women "about men and their penises," he says).
The book is part memoir, part self-help. Nik breaks down his teachings into eight "powers" that will help his readers avoid what he calls "the comfortable state of hatred."
"This book is just about spreading my wisdom to the masses," Nik explains. "I wasted 15 years -- 10 years in a loveless marriage and five years on drug addiction. I've been a multimillionaire and I've been homeless with no money. I'm just trying to say, 'I did this, you shouldn't fucking do it.'"
We cherry-picked all the Nik advice you'll need.
- L.A. Nik turns self-help author with Life is Short, Then You're Dead Forever
- L.A. Nik explains Letterman connection, drops "Friends in Minneapolis" single
1. Never do coke with strangers at a motorcycle bar in the Bahamas.
2. If you do coke with strangers in the Bahamas and get arrested, don't light a match in your cell.
3. Make a wish whenever you have to pee and you'll find yourself.
Before and after the perfect pee:
4. Don't let anyone tell you how to do your hair.