Top 20 signs you've been in Lyn-Lake too long
|Photo by Kendra Sundvall|
The intersection of Lyndale and Lake in Minneapolis has spawned not just a whole geographic district, but a way of life. And the longer you've been a part of it, the more it's a part of you. Sure, there's a segment of Lyn-Lake population who might get slurred with that dreaded "h-word" for their fashion choices, but there's a hell of a lot more to it than that. It's how you interact with the food, the bars the shows, the attitude, the mode of transportation, and the lay of the land.
Here are 20 signs compiled by Gimme Noise and friends that you've been in Lyn-Lake too long -- or 20 signs you'll never be in Lyn-Lake long enough, depending on how you look at it.
20. You're regularly chasing away unwitting intruders who mistake your duplex for the basement music venue across the street.
|Photo by Tony Nelson|
19. You've taken enough smoke breaks outside Bryant-Lake Bowl to memorize all the typos in the clothing/shoe repair store sign across the street.
18. You have already turned this blog into a drinking game.
|Photo by Denis Jeong Plaster|
17. You weren't the first owner of anything in your closet -- except your underwear. And the same goes for your pets.
16. You think receiving a pizza from a superhero in an electric car is totally normal.