50 best fake musicians of all time
|Artwork by Tatiana Craine|
Movies, TV shows, comics, and even music-makers are constantly coming up with story lines that involve artists who do not exist. That is, until they exist as "real" fictional musicians in some form. Some, like the Monkees and Miley Cyrus, go on to behave exactly like actual performers. Others could never hope to live up to the hype of their imaginary worlds.
April Fool's Day has become the holiday of sorts when everything on the internet is even more suspect than usual. With all the fake news clogging our social media, Gimme Noise decided to focus on some of the realest fakes around. Here are our top 50 fictional musicians and bands.
50. Tie: Robin Sparkles (How I Met Your Mother) and Hannah Montana (Hannah Montana)
49. Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld (South Park)
48. Echo Echo (Portlandia)
47. Wyld Stallyns (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)
46. Steel Dragon (Rock Star)
45. Otis "Bad" Blake (Crazy Heart)
44. The Wonders (That Thing You Do)
43. Marvin Berry and the Starlighters (Back to the Future)
42. Brian Slade (Velvet Goldmine)
41. N.W.H. (Fear of a Black Hat)